> > Has anybody the same issue on Win XP with the SlingLogWriterTest?...
>
> I haven't tested but
>
> >>... It's WinXP SP3. I digged into it and found that
> >> test.setLastModified(july21)
> >> (line 190 of SlingLogWriterTest) doesn't change the modified
> >> date of the file.
> >> So the test fails at line 195. But I can't imagine why it
> >> doesn't change
> >> the date of the file....
>
> Maybe because the file is still open? That's a common cause of such
> problems under Windows.

That's definitively the case here, I checked that. I guess it's the
Logger itself which holds a handle to the file. The question is now
if anybody sees a chance to change the test in a way that it tests
what it should test and don't fails under Win XP (yes I know I should
buy a mac ;-)).
Is it possible to force the logger to close the file? Any other ideas?

best regards
mike