hi david,

David Nuescheler wrote:
hi markus,

it was brought to my attention, that i forgot to mention the
sharing of content amongst websites as a use case
so i would like to clarify the below statement a little bit more
in detail...
thanks for again thinking about :-)
if you assume that you have separate content trees but would like to
share the applications or the security (the users) it is perfectly
feasible to run things off of one sling instance.

if you want to share "content" (in the broader sense) amongst sites,
including "website content", "apps", "config", "users" or anything else
stored in the repository, you possibly want to use one single sling
instance.
as a rule of thumb i would say that the more you share, the higher
the chances of a shared sling instance.

isolation makes sense in the "hosting" usecase where you have different
customers that (must) share nothing.

its not a typical hosting environment, there is a company group (same big company) which like to have for each individual company a custom layout. But there will be several things shared. Also "website content", "apps", "config" probably "users" ....

So in my understanding there are three possibilites for my usecase:
(We want to use same sling:resourceType)

1. two sling instances on same repository and different resource search path for each instance like "apps/domain1" and "apps/domain2"

2. one sling instance and templates resolved will include concrete "domain_template" if neccesary. so template in /apps/story/html.esp will probably include/load something like
load("/apps/story/<%= request.getServerName()%>/html.esp");

3. modifications on resource resolver

are these my possibilities ?

Markus

DIG Digitale Medienberatungs-
und Produktions- GmbH
Neckarstr. 1/5
78727 Oberndorf a. N.

Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 480914
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Huber
Tel: +49 (0)7423 8750 60
Fax: +49 (0)7423 8750 23
Internet: http://www.dig.de
eMail: pa...@dig.de

Ein Unternehmen der Schwarzwälder Bote Mediengruppe