Wow, I did't expect that much responses. Thanks for all the ideas and
suggestions!

Now, I can write a special server side component generating the correct
json format. But I don't want to do this over and over again.
And doing some transformation on the fly is also possible and doing
the transformation client side can also be done, but needs to be hooked
into the correct place. And I would repeat myself as well :)

So my idea was to have this out of the box as this seems to be a common
use case - maybe it's not :)

In the meantime my urgent use case disappeared :)

So as it seems that this use case is not that very common and can be
solved in different ways, I think we should leave the json renderer as
is. :)

Thanks