Hi,

Vidar Ramdal schrieb:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
> wrote:
>> That sounds good to me. That way one could ignore the package versions
>> if he likes to (I know you shouldn't, but it's more natural for people
>> new to osgi).
>>
>> +1 for "testing it" with the sling api bundle.
>
> Testing sounds good, but what do we do after the "test period"  - if
> the test is successful, do we use this versioning scheme on all
> bundles?

Yes, but we will not modify all bundles right away. Rather I would say
we modify bundles as we are ready to release them and there is a
modification underway anyway.

For example: Bundle1 exports bp1 and has inner classes. Bundle1 is ready
for release, but there were no changes in bp1. So we set the export
version of bp1 to the previous version of Bundle1 and increase the
version of Bundle1 for the imminent release.

> Running two different schemes - one for Sling API, and one for the
> other bundles - could easily add to the confusion, I suspect.

No, running two schemes is wrong. Of course there is a transition
period, where bundles have not yet been adapted. But over time, this
situation will change and all bundles should adhere to the same scheme.

Regards
Felix