Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>> ...I think package1 should be allowed to be v 1.2 and then the bundle version
>> would be 1.2.1
>>
>> If the package versions jump the range of versions will diverge within a
>> single bundle and the rate of version number change of the bundle itself
>> will accelerate (sort of positive feedback). Over time I think this will
>> lead to confusion since there could be many missing versions of each package
>> and a highly complex bundle version history.
>>
>> Incrementing of package version numbers without holes in the sequence for
>> each package, coupled with sub-minor releases of the bundle will lead to a
>> converging version history that IMHO will be easier to understand and track
>> (its hard enough for a OSGi newbee as it is)
>>
>> Only when one of the packages ups its version to 1.3 does the bundle move to
>> v1.3.0
>>
>> Did that make sense ?...
>
> Mostly yes, but I think we need a wiki page with several examples like

Is ok for me, too.

I am not really sure how to increase version numbers of bundles mixing
exported API and implementation, like for example the Sling Engine
bundle ...

> the ones Felix showed and like yours above.

I have started a page on this (part of the offical documentation) at [1]

> Did I mention this was going to be confusing? ;-)

Well, only in the first place, you get used to it ;-)

Regards
Felix

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLINGxSITE/version-policy.html