On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 17:28, Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the more I think about it, the more I'm on the fence about:
> resolver.getResource("/a/b") == resolver.getResource("/a/b")
>
> My first instinct was basically what Mike wrote, this can be true, but isn't
> required to be so. But the more I think about it, I think this should always
> be true. I don't have a explanation why... still working on that part.

Note that ensuring a == b can make implementations very difficult, as
you need to cache all the Resource instances you returned to the API
client. And what about handling this across multiple threads?

There is a good reason why the JCR spec decided to state "a.equals(b)"
and internal state represented as equal, but not a == b.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek