On Jan 15, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 17:28, Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com> wrote:
But the more I think about it, the more I'm on the fence about:
resolver.getResource("/a/b") == resolver.getResource("/a/b")

My first instinct was basically what Mike wrote, this can be true, but isn't required to be so. But the more I think about it, I think this should always be true. I don't have a explanation why... still working on that part.

Note that ensuring a == b can make implementations very difficult, as
you need to cache all the Resource instances you returned to the API
client. And what about handling this across multiple threads?

To be clear, I meant that == should work if the resolvers are ==.

There is a good reason why the JCR spec decided to state "a.equals(b)"
and internal state represented as equal, but not a == b.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek