The question for one workspace per account / user / etc. pops up every
now and then on the jackrabbit mailing lists and the general answer is
to try to stay away from that as it just complicates things: why
having to work with multiple workspaces when you can just create
separate nodes? Workspaces are technically meant for
branching/cloning/merging in the JCR spec.

Hence support for multiple workspaces in Sling should IMHO not change
URL resolution at all (workspace as part of URLs) and should default
to expecting a single workspace (as now). If people want to use
multiple workspaces, tinkering would be required and they should be
able to plug in different resource resolvers / authentication
mechanisms that might select a different workspace for each request
depending on some request headers etc. But this should not be a
primary feature and shouldn't lead to complication of the Sling
architecture, I think.

Just my 2 euro-cents...

Regards,
Alex