On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:53, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> All users have read to /_user/<userid>  becuase there are public materials in
> /_user/<userid>
> No users have list on /_user because of the policy.

With principal-based ACLs I think this would look like this, for a user "foo":

Allow read /_user
Allow read+write /_user/foo
Deny read /_user/*

The current implementation allows for a base path (/_user) + a glob (*
in this case). These are the "rep:nodePath" and "rep:glob" properties
of the rep:ACE node, which must be set as "constraints" using the
Jackrabbit-specific API [1] (the jcr 2.0 API is completely built
around resource-based acl storage, thus jackrabbit has to provide some
extensions to work with principal-based acls).

Documentation is a bit scarce, but here are some links:
http://markmail.org/message/xveqaau6hvunsl6l
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/api/security/package-summary.html

[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/api/security/JackrabbitAccessControlList.html#addEntry(java.security.Principal,%20javax.jcr.security.Privilege[],%20boolean,%20java.util.Map)