On Aug 6, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does our maven launchpad plugin support including other artifacts than
> bundles by just listing them in the XML file?

Assuming you're talking about src/main/bundles/list.xml, no, this just handles
bundles (i.e. Maven artifacts).

> In addition I would like to add configuration files - usually these
> files are not available as dependencies. I see two options:
> - either include them as resources and the launchpad plugin could just
> copy the src/main/resources directory

In general, this is the right way IMHO, but...

> - having a separate project for this stuff - and then just reference the
> dependency from the builder project. As this is a resource dependency
> the jar/zip gets extracted when included

What configs do you envision including in launchpad? I assumed that this
functionally would only be used downstream, i.e. By something like Sakai or IKS.

If there are going to be 'standard' configs, then I think we probably should
have a separate project, a la launchpad.base so that they can be easily
consumed downstream, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Justin