On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> Justin Edelson  wrote
>>

>> On Aug 6, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> does our maven launchpad plugin support including other artifacts than
>>> bundles by just listing them in the XML file?
>>>

>> Assuming you're talking about src/main/bundles/list.xml, no, this just
>> handles bundles (i.e. Maven artifacts).
> Yes, sorry I was a little bit in a hurry while writing the mail :)
> It is maven artifacts or bundles? :) So if I would reference a plain jar
> file (which is not a bundle) this jar would be included as well, I assume.

To be exact, they're Maven artifacts. The plugin makes no attempt to validate
that these artifacts are valid bundles.

>>> In addition I would like to add configuration files - usually these
>>> files are not available as dependencies. I see two options:
>>> - either include them as resources and the launchpad plugin could just
>>> copy the src/main/resources directory
>>
>> In general, this is the right way IMHO, but...
>>
>>> - having a separate project for this stuff - and then just reference the
>>> dependency from the builder project. As this is a resource dependency
>>> the jar/zip gets extracted when included
>>
>> What configs do you envision including in launchpad? I assumed that this
>> functionally would only be used downstream, i.e. By something like Sakai or
>> IKS.
>>
>> If there are going to be 'standard' configs, then I think we probably should
>> have a separate project, a la launchpad.base so that they can be easily
>> consumed downstream, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.
>>
> I don't envision any configs for the launchpad we ship with Sling and I
> agree that this is downstream functionality. But I would like to have
> support in the maven launchpad plugin which enables downstream apps
> based on launchpad to easily include configs etc.
>
> The simplest way would be to include all resources from
> /src/main/resources and put them under a predefined path in the
> resulting launchpad.
>
> WDYT?

As with the launchpad plugin's current goals, I would suggest prototyping with
the existing Maven plugins (maven-resources-plugin and maven-jar-plugin in this
case) and then decide if we need new goals/functionality.

Justin