Not quite - JSON gets posted as a form parameter. See
http://sling.apache.org/site/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servletspost.html#ManipulatingContent-TheSlingPostServlet%2528servlets.post%2529-ImportingContentStructures

You can also do something like this:

<form method="POST" action="/content/page/first"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input type="text" name="title" />
    <input type="text" name="text" />
    <input type="text" name="sub/text" />
    <input type="text" name="sub/sub1/text" />
    <input type="Submit" />
</form>

i.e. just put slashes in the form parameter names and child nodes will
be created as needed.

Justin