It has been almost a year since I seriously evaluated Karaf, so I
can't really speak to it. I will say that I am very happy with how
Launchpad handles bundle upgrades and that this is an important piece
of functionality for me.

The change I have in mind is purely a matter of how the bundles are
retrieved (i.e. from the local Maven repository instead of extracted
from the JAR/WAR). How those bundles are processed will be exactly
what we already have in Launchpad.

Justin