Hi Olli,

> On 1 Apr 2021, at 21:26, Oliver Lietz <apa...@oliverlietz.de> wrote:
>
> I have a use case for ResourceType not related to Scripting and would like to
> see it in Sling API (see SLING-9999 for reasons) where it fits well.
>
> https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-spi/blob/master/
> <https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-spi/blob/master/>
> src/main/java/org/apache/sling/scripting/spi/bundle/ResourceType.java
>
> WDYT?

I’ve already replied to your concern at [0], but I don’t mind repeating what I
said:

“If we really need to use the ResourceType class somewhere else, we can move it
to the o.a.s.api bundle when the time comes. We can then deprecate the one from
o.a.s.scripting.spi and remove it once there will be other incompatible changes
added by the other interfaces. Until then, I really don't see the need to
spread 5 interfaces over 2 bundles and increase the dependency footprint for
the current consumers.”

Unless you have something already committed to a repository from which you plan
to cut a release soon I'd prefer to go ahead without it for now.

Cheers,
Radu

[0] -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9999?focusedCommentId=17295320&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17295320