Thanks Ruben,

in my opinion /apps belongs to developers. In our case its immutable for good reasons. Drilling a hole into this and allowing non developers contribute to /apps, especially in a dynamic fashion circumventing the immutability sounds very risky and can result in security problems.

I understand that extra configuration options are added to partially address this, but then it comes down to how effective these are and what holes they might have.

Now, in general I'm not against a feature like dynamic resources - but making something immutable mutable especially for a different audience is too dangerous.