On Tue, 2022-06-14 at 13:51 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Mon, 2022-06-13 at 15:05 -0700, Eric Norman wrote:
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > For your reference, I stashed a quick demonstration of what I was
> > talking
> > about in my last reply at9d9b7d5
> > <
> > https://github.com/enapps-enorman/sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-maintenan
> > ce/commit/9d9b7d5d683dc51236e311a0f4641177f6cd7cc2>
> > that
> > will run the starter-its while using the SNAPSHOT versions of
> > the o.a.sling.jcr.maintenance features in the runtime.
>

> Nice, that looks like an improvement over the current PoC.
>
> One thing which I would like to do is avoid the need to have an
> additional feature model file which includes the current artifact
> being
> built, since I think that most of the bundles don't need it. We can
> do
> that by adding the 'additionalBundles' configuration to the
> slingfeature-maven-plugin

I have updated my sling-parent PR [1] following your example. I was
able to include the current artifact in a new feature on the fly using
the slingfeature-maven-plugin include-artifact goal.

I have also enabled feature model analysis on the generated feature
model ( Sling Starter test model + local artifact ).

I have not yet extended the support for additional local feature model
files, as I would like to keep things simple at the start and
experiment some more.

I'm going to leave this open for a couple of more days for comments.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://github.com/apache/sling-parent/pull/27