> There are lots of vulnerabilities reported which do not affect our usage
> of dependencies.

While this is probably true, is this an argument you want to keep having
over and over again?  I have found some security focused folks don't trust
the engineering assurances that we are not affected.   Especially when
their automated scanning tools keep flagging the problems.

It's probably easier in the long run to just conceded the point the
security tools are flagging, update the dependencies and move on.

Regards,
Eric