On Thu, 2023-09-21 at 11:06 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-09-21 at 09:07 +0200, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > He proposed a nice alternative to simply use "toggle.FT-SLING-1234"
> > scheme
> > for the Condition ids.
>
> I think I am still missing context, sorry for being dense :-)
>
> What does using the toggle mean for a Sling module? I am not sure if
> and how we need to explicitly add these conditions to the source
> code.

Christian and I had a brief chat and I think I get it know :-)

There are two main ways of using OSGi Conditions

1. as a condition for activating OSGi DS components
2. as an optional service reference for OSGi DS components

The first one can be done declaratively but both work programatically,
i.e. declare a reference and check at runtime if the condition is
present.

I personally think that this is fine, given that we document this usage
clearly and we have a proper naming convention for it (Christian
already proposed one).

We should also clarify the relation between using 'toggle conditions'
and the existing feature flags module [1][2].

Christian, please fill in anything that I might've missed.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-featureflags
[2]: