Hello Csaba,

On Thu, 2024-04-04 at 11:54 +0000, Csaba Varga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask about two issues I opened last month. SLING-12265
> is about decreasing the number of commits done while setting up a new
> repository during unit testing. SLING-12266 proposes going a bit
> further, caching and re-using the complete repository state,
> requiring just one initialization from scratch regardless of the
> number of tests using a JCR_OAK context.
>
> I haven't heard any feedback about either ticket, even though I have
> added a PR for the first one. Am I missing something? Are there
> issues with this approach? I have some numbers for both proposals,
> and they are speeding things up significantly as far as I can tell,
> so I think everyone could benefit from this. (I only did a quick and
> dirty test for SLING-12266, not clean enough to make a PR out of it,
> but I can polish it into a PR if there is interest.)
>
> If this is not the right channel to discuss it, please feel free to
> let me know.

Writing to the dev list is the right thing in case your does not get
attention.

The PR looks good overall to me but someone closer to the topic should
review it.

Maybe you got their attention and you'll get a review next week.
Otherwise, we can do an optimistic merge and revert if we find
problems down the road.

Thanks for your patience,