That's why I think a resource packaging format is the way to go:
a) it makes syncing easy during development
b) it can directly be packaged together to create a package, so maven/ci
builds simply work
c) installation of those packages is easy as well

I think it's important to note that this is not about a better/new vlt;
it's a imho a different approach which directly addresses existing
requirements.

Carsten