Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The mapping handler in the resource resolver is probably the most
> interesting one as it changes for nodes with some well defined properties,
> basically scanning the whole repository...

This is one example where latency is not a problem, so periodic
queries could be used instead of observation if that's more scalable.
We're basically interested in whether anything changed in the results
of a query since we last ran it, a pattern which might be optimized in
Oak by taking advantage of the underlying MVCC storage.

-Bertrand