Hi Bertrand,

I wouldn't be opposed to using a better-structured RequestProgressTracker
log.  (I did originally look at the existing one, but wasn't too excited
about parsing it to get the info out.)

But I don't think it saves adding a new mechanism.  The new mechanism's
primary job is to weave the debug info into the rendered html so that it
can be displayed client-side in the context of the portions of the page it
rendered.  That's the "highly-integrated" part.

Cheers,
Jeff.