Hi,
+1 for distribution of properties via S3, makes perfect sense. Perhaps
abstracting behind an API so that any low latency globally distributed
storage provider could be used.

Not sure about discovery. Although [0] described the AWS VM, it
doesn't, without further validation describe if the Sling instance is
running and available. Its perfectly possible for the VM to be in a
running state, with no viable Sling instance running. I dont think
that hard to achieve but it needs to be done to support the discovery
use case.

I think we are talking about instances running on independent
repositories here, since if all instances share the same repository
(ie are a Jackrabbit cluster), then the repository already has a
mechanism of communicating running instances via the repository.

Best Regards
Ian