Just as a follow-up three weeks later

- the build works fine with Java 8 ( as a matter of fact, all
sling-trunk builds now pass )
- there are 15 SNAPSHOT bundles referenced in the launchpad
- we decided to remove Oak support ( 1 SNAPSHOT bundle less ) ,
tracked under [1]
- the oak support task is the only one blocking the 'release task' [2]

So the work to be done is releasing those bundles and removing Oak support.

If there's additional work to be done, please file new bugs blocking
[2] . And help with releasing bundles is always appreciated :-)

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3907
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3810