>However, one downside would be that you don't have hierarchical
>configurations or maps - just scalar types and arrays of it.

support for maps we can add using a helper method - internally its stored as
string array anyway.

hierarchical configurations could be modeled using annotation properties
referencing other annotations - but the DS spec forbids this so i would vote to
not support it. but an application could provide multiple configuration
annotation types, e.g. one per aspect, so you do not have to define one single
mega annotation with dozens of unrelated configuration properties.

stefan