Am 17.10.14 um 12:02 schrieb Stefan Seifert:

>>> 2) I'm assuming that the lookup key for these configuration objects is
>>> the class name. IMHO, we need some kind of differentiator, see for
>>> example my OAuth example earlier in this thread.
>>>
>> I haven't thought of this part yet, I've just stated my strong wish
>> for strongly typed configuration objects :)
>
> it seems as we would need some sort of factory-configuration for this usecase
> as well? this would be problematic in my initial approach with only a flat
> list of properties in a valuemap as well.
>
> an oauth bundle would provide an annotation type class and mark it as
> "multiple" or "factory". the API has to provide a way to get lists of
> annotation class instances to iterate over. the configuration editor has to
> support it as well. should be possible, although it would make the API a bit
> more complex.

I'm just thinking out loud, especially as I don't have that much
experience in this area.

But what is the preferred way to get a configuration? I would assume
that you get a configuration for a key similar to the pid for OSGi
configurations. From an API point of view a

T[] getConfiguration(String key, Class<T> type);

for a single and

T[] getConfigurations(String key, Class<T> type);

for multiple would do?

Again, just talking out loud without thinking of anything else related
to this stuff.

Adobe Research Switzerland