Conf is mostly resources, even if i didn’t thought it could be something else
than nodes :-)

some things are JCR based, though, like WritePipe that uses Property to remove
a property if value is null (modifiable value map does not allow null),
or MultiValuePipe that uses all kind of JCR things to output values to the
bindings :-)

then you have hard wiring like Authorizable pipe that depends on jackrabbit’s
authorizable & User Manager
or Sling Query Pipe that depends on sling query extension

Nicolas