Am 04.11.15 um 17:26 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...Antonio recently created a bunch of "Remove loginAdministrative()
>> usage" tickets for several of our components (SLING-5227 for example)....
>
> This also means backward compatibility issues, as the modified modules
> will require the corresponding service users to exist.
>
> We probably need a super simple mechanism for creating those users -
> maybe embed their definitions in the corresponding bundles, and let an
> (optional) bundle process them.

No, the user and also the ACL must not be part of the bundle - it is not
the concern of the implementation to create the user and setup the ACLs.
We must not mix these things.
And this is also fragile, bringing in yet another mechanism to do
something does not make our system more stable. We already have most
pieces in place for provisioning: the OSGi installer and friends.
For installing content, and users and ACLs are content, we have the JCR
contentloader.

I suggest we create for each feature a separate bundle with the user
definition and the ACLs. The stuff gets then installed - like any other
content - through the contentloader.

Adobe Research Switzerland