Are we "allowed" to abbreviate "Apache Sling" to "sling"?

The pool name can be set by configuration or by a consuming bundle,
e.g. "Apache Sling Job Thread Pool" is set by the EventingThreadPool
implementation. Therefore I lean to a mixed-case format (despite the
fact that I normally prefer all lower-case ;) ).

So what about shortening the initial proposal to "Apache Sling: Job
Thread Pool #1", i.e. "Apache Sling: <pool name> #<counter>"?
Depending on the reply to my first question we can also drop the
"Apache" prefix.

Regards
Julian