On Thursday 13 October 2016 20:36:10 Stefan Seifert wrote:
> >Do we really want org.apache.sling.contextaware.config as package name?
> >Sling Content Distribution uses org.apache.sling.distribution, so
> >org.apache.sling.configuration for Sling's context-ware configuration
> >should be fine, no?
>
> only "configuration" is misleading, because it's not about osgi
> configuration, but only about context-aware configuration. thus
> "contextaware" has to be part of the package name.

I do remember the discussion regarding the naming and do not want that
starting again. But not sure if the "product label" has to be also the package
name – for distribution, which is also a *very* generic name – it has to be
not. And as this configurations are based on resources I should have suggested
o.a.s.resource.configuration.

> one could argue if it should be
>   o.a.s.contextaware.config
> or
>   o.a.s.contextawareconfig

The second fits better in our naming pattern. Also these modules are the first
using dashes in property names (or node/resource types) instead of camel case.

> >Any hints for using it on AEM 6.1?
>
> i've created a small sample project using it with AEM 6.1 at [1].
> no further dependencies are required atm.
> but without customization via SPI it does not yet support cq:Page node types
> or other AEM specifica.

Will you provide AEM extensions, tooling and GUI under wcm.io umbrella?

Hopefully I will find some time in the next weeks to move a project from
custom configuration to _context-aware_ configuration (POC).

Thanks for contributing that stuff to Sling, Stefan!

Regards,
O.