>From the few responses in this thread I have the feeling that the
preference is on implementing this correctly.

However, we're still lacking a good idea on how exactly to implement this.

Now, I think it is not a good idea to expose each and every service user
as a service in the service registry. I don't want to make that
information generally available. But then the question is how can the
service user mapper implementation find out about this?

The other option we have is to accept that this is not worth the effort
and we simply remove the ServiceUserMapped support (deprecate it and
remove the usage in Sling). Service users are a very low level
configuration of the data store and we could assume that this is
correctly configured - as well as the mapping.

Thoughts?

Adobe Research Switzerland