Hi Carsten,

> From the few responses in this thread I have the feeling that the
> preference is on implementing this correctly.
>
> However, we're still lacking a good idea on how exactly to implement this.
>
> Now, I think it is not a good idea to expose each and every service user
> as a service in the service registry. I don't want to make that
> information generally available. But then the question is how can the
> service user mapper implementation find out about this?
>
> The other option we have is to accept that this is not worth the effort
> and we simply remove the ServiceUserMapped support (deprecate it and
> remove the usage in Sling). Service users are a very low level
> configuration of the data store and we could assume that this is
> correctly configured - as well as the mapping.

I think deprecating makes sense, indeed service users seem rather like
configurations than resources to be managed during the app runtime.

Also, if a component still needs to detect this miss configuration upon
activation, it could still do it by explicitly invoking
ServiceUserMapper#getServiceUserID.

Regards,

Timothee