Hi,

We are using two main ports when dealing with Sling:

- 8080 for 'regular' instances
- 8888 for 'testing' instances - mainly used in the integration tests

I usually notice this when I want to try running an IT from my IDE
against a running Sling instance and it times out looking for something
on port 8888 .

I am not familiar with the reasons for using port 8888, but would it be
worth dropping this port and using 8080 from now on? It would IMO make
development with Sling simpler.

The changes would be quite localised:

- code change in
bundles/commons/testing/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/commons/testing/
integration/HttpTestBase.java
- documentation changes in launchpad and contrib/launchpad

Thoughts?