On Thursday 24 August 2017 13:34:08 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-24 at 13:19 +0200, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > I guess 8888 was chosen to prevent clashes with other servers running
> > on the
> > same machine and bound to 8080, e.g. Jenkins or regular Sling. Why
> > not use
> > dynamic ports when running tests?
>
> Integration tests are using dynamic ports as far as I know. So there
> would be no clashes there.

launchpad/integration-tests is using a fixed port but 8080.

To prevent accidents (writing test data to local Sling instances*) I would
omit any default port and force users to provide one (not running any tests
when port is missing).

Regards,
O.

* I guess I could happen quite fast when developers build Sling modules
locally