On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 08:55 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> If I understand correctly we only need to extract the relevant
> version from the sling java property and use that then in the
> configuration of other plugins (like animal sniffer or m-c-p). That
> is totally possible with the mentioned buildhelper plugin.

Agreed.

> There is no need for a dedicated plugin. The BREE header is mostly
> static and must be set in the m-b-p configuration. The dynamic part
> can also be retrieved via the buildhelper plugin. I hope this makes
> things clearer.

The BREE header is set following the sling.java.version property. Yes,
it is mostly static but does not directly follow the Java version ( see
[1] for more details). Here is a mapping of sling.java.version to BREE
headers:

5  - J2SE-1.5
6  - JavaSE-1.6
7  - JavaSE-1.7
8  - JavaSE-1.8
9  - JavaSE-9

This is something that we mapped with the antrun plugin stuff. Now I
propose switching to a custom plugin due to Java 9 issues.

I still don't see how the BREE header can be configured using the
buildhelper plugin. Can you add a small config snippet or link to an
example?

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://www.osgi.org/developer/specifications/reference/