this is an interesting concept, i need to think more about it if this could be
used for my use cases as well.
currently i'm thinking selecting on base of resource types would match not all
of them, e.g. a SPI for configuring a "cross-cutting concern" which is used by
multiple components, using resource types from a mix of applications and
central libraries - but for all of them a tenant-specific implementation should
be choosen.

but it makes definitely sense to try to align these related approaches, perhaps
we find a common solution. maybe we will find some time on the adaptTo for
further brainstorming.

stefan