> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...By reading the discussion at [1] it seems that we have to implement
>> this ourselves in our templates - there is no placeholder support for
>> articles...

I have implemented a basic version of this and used it as an example
in index.md :
https://github.com/apache/sling-site/commit/dbae75cbed98d63b15c0499eeb09c6e5eb47a900

(Groovy regexp replacement with closure FTW ;-)
(and I fixed the bogus content.expandVariables test later)

Note the expandVariables=true front matter variable, if that's not set
there's no replacement, so there's no risk of conflicts with existing
content.

The values come from the pageVariables map in page.tpl - in my simple
example config.blog_subtitle comes from jbake.properties, we can add
variables there as needed, preferably with a sling. prefix like
"sling.foo" which becomes sling_foo in the Groovy code.

Missing variables generate a MISSING_PAGE_VARIABLE marker in the output.

-Bertrand