On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 11:22 +0200, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > Also, pushing to github is a supported setup, this was why we
> > decided
> > to go with gitbox in the first place [1]. Pushing to the ASF repos
> > sort
> > of defeats the purpose of that.
>
> why is making GitBox URLs the canonical ones (IMHO those URLs *are*
> the
> canonical ones) defeating anything?

I am wary of pushing to different repositories since I am not 100%
certain of the stability of the dual master setup. If we push to just
one repo - github or gitbox - then we will not have any issues with
repositories getting out of sync.

Following that reasoning, we should only push to gitbox if we make that
the canonical URL, therefore we should discourage using Github as a
remote, including merging pull requests and any automation around
Github as a remote.

If we do that, then it makes no sense to move to gitbox and instead
move to read-only mirrors on Github and use git-wip as a system.

Thanks,