On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 14:54 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> > E.g. instead of sling-org.apache.sling.api we'd have sling-org-
> > apache-sling-api .
>
> reading this we might also decide to omit the "org-apache-sling" part
> in here. otherwise all and every repo would start with "sling-org-
> apache-sling-".
> and it's still a clear rule.

We have some repos which don't follow that convention

- Maven toooling ( artifactId does not start with org.apache.sling )
- Various tools and scripts ( migrated as sling-tooling-scm and sling-
tooling-jenkins )
- Samples ( sling-samples )

So maybe it would be simpler to keep the artifactId where dots are
replaced by dashes.