Hi Jason,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Jason E Bailey <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...When should I associate a story with a Fix version?...

Here's how I do it, I don't think we have a very clear rule so far:

Unless that ticket is about something really experimental I always set
the fix version to the next available version.

Then, when the time comes to release version V, we look at tickets
that have V as their fix version, and if some are not finished we
either move them to the next version (if that feels obvious) so as to
unblock the release, or ask here.

You're right that we should document this better in our release
management page - assuming we agree, so if you agree to write that
piece of documentation if would be good to ask for approval of the
draft here.

-Bertrand