On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 13:28 -0400, Jason E Bailey wrote:
> I believe there's a difference between what the two end goals are.
> There is a the rendering of a Markdown resource into HTML and then
> there is using a Markdown file to generate a resource.

That is a good distinction to be made, and one of the things which I've
tried to reflect on the most.

Bertrand's suggestion of distinct fields, lazily computed, for 'raw' vs
'rendered' would solve this nicely and I'm going to investigate this.

> A couple of thoughts on this.
> # For a Markdown Resource providing attributes, I don't see a reason
> to use YAML for this. Markdown support integrated HTML and HTML
> supports custom tags.  You could  create some thing along the lines
> of <resource-props data-sling-resourceType="foo"> this wouldn't be
> displayed when viewing a rendered version of the file but be
> accessible when parsing.

I think we clarified this in the email thread - YAML front matter is
supported by other tools (and also nicely by Github for viewing) so IMO
it's a good argument for adpoting it.

Thanks,