On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM Stefan Seifert <sseif...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> - the idea is to bring this together within felix

I see that work has started on this at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5952 (*) including
proposing the module to the Felix PMC (link to that thread in the
ticket).

Maybe I missed something but I do not see agreement on a concrete plan
here so IMO the move is premature.

I suggest that people driving the move first create a plan that we can
approve here, including elements like

1) How do we keep compatibility so that Sling users can use the Felix
HCs in the future, without ending up with two distinct projects each
with their own smaller fractured community

2) How can Sling committers maintain the module once it moves to
Felix, is the Felix PMC open to give us write access to it?

3) What's the plan w.rt. merging with the systemready module

Before this is defined and agreed upon, I think a move is premature
and likely to end up with two distinct modules and communities.

-Bertrand

(*) which is cool in principle, doing often beats talking ;-)