Hi Jason,

> On 24 Oct 2018, at 14:45, Jason E Bailey wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018, at 2:18 AM, Jörg Hoh wrote:
>
>> If we choose that way and want to prefer 1 and 2 we have to educate a lot
>> of people first about the difference between a resource path and a URL
>> pointing to that resource. In 99% all cases I saw in the last decade, both
>> scripts and models don't really make a difference between these 2 (and let
>> the rewriter handle the difference if any)
>
> Okay, I admit it, I don't understand the distinction here that you're trying
> to make.

In JCR, at least, you have valid JCR characters for node names which are not
valid URI characters. Some utility classes try to deal with this, the most
famous one being [0] - see [1]. A Resource’s path is the ResourceProvider's
view of the world, but it’s not necessarily a valid way of exposing the
Resource on the web.

I guess this is what Jörg was trying to say.

Cheers,
Radu

[0] -
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.8/org/apache/jackrabbit/util/Text.html