Hi Robert,

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 11:37, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Wild idea: would it be possible to provide an optional extension point
> for scripting engines where they could signal that a link is output?
> Then we would have a central place for handling link rewriting.
>
> I guess for HTL this would not be too hard, and if we cover JSP, HTL
> and maybe Freemarker/Tyhmeleaf this will be useful enough so that we
> can recommend using this instead of the more heavy-weight rewriter.

Indeed, for HTL this would be a trivial change since the engine always knows
the context in which it operates. However, keep in mind that this is a
compile-time operation. If we want to transpose this information at run-time, I
guess we could write a RuntimeFunction handling link outputs, that would in
turn delegate to the new link rewriter.

Cheers,
Radu