Hi Robert,

Robert Munteanu wrote
Hi Carsten,

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 09:41 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Hi,

we have some bundles that currently depend on the launchpad starter
api,
which provides a way to detect whether an instance is finished with
starting. This was our first attempt to solve that problem, with the
new
Felix based solution we should probably move away from that approach.
Especially as the launchpad starter is currently only supported if
you're using launchpad to start your instance.

Just to make sure I understand, is the Felix-based solution based on
the Health Checks?

Yes

Therefore we should probably revisit this dependency in every module
and
either remove or replace it.

For example the webconsole security provider has such a dependency.
In
that case it covers the case of a buggy repository
implementation...which is actually a workaround. So I think we can
simply remove that dependency without a replacement there completely.

Well, if we can remove it and nothing breaks, we're definitely good
here :-)

The repository implementation might still be buggy and register the repository service although the repository is still not usable. That's why we initially added the dependency. Clearly this is a workaround, the workaround is in place for years now and it seems to be time to remove it

Adobe Research Switzerland