Hi Stefan,

> On 1 Nov 2019, at 11:48, Stefan Seifert <sseif...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>
> i've started migrating my first non-trivial projects to parent 35 including
> bnd-maven-plugin and ran in some issues:
>
> 1. bnd-baseline-maven-plugin demands for package version increases where it's
> not appropriate
> - in [1] i switched to bnd maven plugins (1st commit in this branch)
> - if I compile the project the baseline plugin wants to raise the last digit
> in the package, it complains that null annotations where added to several
> methods
> - but: these annotations where already present in the previous release
> baseline was comparing to
> - the problem can be solved by just incrementing the package versions (2nd
> commit), but this does not seem to like a proper solution
> - and will it do the same for future releases?
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-caconfig-api/tree/feature/SLING-8824-parent25

I experienced the same issue regarding the JSR-305 annotations in [4], but Karl
and I think we found the explanation: parent 35 defines sling.java.version as 8
by default. Most of the projects which were not yet migrated to parent 35 were
built with Java 7. In [5] there’s a mention that the baseline check also
applies to the resulted bytecode, therefore implying that it could trigger
warnings when you’re baselining against the same codebase, but with the
artifact built with a different JDK.

I guess we’ll just have to bump those micro versions once and see if the
history repeats itself for subsequent releases with the same JDK, or if [5] is
indeed the correct explanation.

Regards,
Radu

[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8827