>> 1. bnd-baseline-maven-plugin demands for package version increases
>where it's not appropriate
>
>I experienced the same issue regarding the JSR-305 annotations in [4],
>but Karl and I think we found the explanation: parent 35 defines
>sling.java.version as 8 by default. Most of the projects which were not
>yet migrated to parent 35 were built with Java 7. In [5] there’s a
>mention that the baseline check also applies to the resulted bytecode,
>therefore implying that it could trigger warnings when you’re baselining
>against the same codebase, but with the artifact built with a different
>JDK.
>
>I guess we’ll just have to bump those micro versions once and see if the
>history repeats itself for subsequent releases with the same JDK, or if
>[5] is indeed the correct explanation.
>
>Regards,
>Radu
>
>[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8827
><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8827>
>[5] - https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/2177
><https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/2177>

this sounds like a good explanation. the problem did not occur when updating
sling-mock to parent 35, but this was an update from parent 34 which was
already set to java 8. api and caconfig was updating from older parent versions
with java 7.
let's have an eye on it once one of the affected modules get released.

stefan