On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 15:42 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> thanks for your response.
> I agree with all points except for
>
> > One option is to ask Oak to
> > make a configuration required for some components [3], but IMO this
> > is
> > not fixing the root cause. Oak is not to blame for the way we
> > manage
> > components and configurations.
> >
> IMHO every OSGi service should be able to deal with reconfigurations
> no matter when they happen. Therefore fixing it on the Oak side makes
> IMHO sense. In addition we can improve in which order we set the
> configuration in Sling.

I regret the fact that Oak does not go with regular Java concurrency
patterns and asks to avoid Thread.interrupt.

I agree that in principle each OSGi service should be reconfigurable
with ease. But unfortunately that is not the case with the Oak
NodeStore implementation, and it's going to be really hard to do it.

What we are doing is now is making sure that the repository is not
restarted at all, and the most convenient place of doing it is Oak.

Thanks,