Some instructions for renaming can be found here.

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/EasilyRenameYourGitDefaultBranchFromMasterToMain.aspx

It's relatively easy

Am 14.06.2020 um 17:10 schrieb Konrad Windszus:
+1 as well.
For the default branch we need infra.
PRs targeting master are automatically closed once master is removed, so we
first need to script retargeting all open PR towards the new 'main' branch
before deleting the old 'master'.

Konrad