Thanks Jan for the update!

Is it okay to backport https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15983
"ClassCastException in UpdateLog$LogReplayer.doReplay" fixes to 9.0 branch also?

From: dev@solr.apache.org At: 02/22/22 11:20:46 UTCTo:  dev@solr.apache.org
Subject: Re: New branch and feature freeze for Solr 9.0.0

I created a new blocker

SOLR-16040  Fix split packages in hdfs module

Not sure if it needs to be a blocker though, but we should try to avoid split
packages as far as we can, and this cannot be done in 9.x.
Meanwhile, SOLR-15064 is resolved and SOLR-14401 is in PR review phase.
Jenkins is now mostly green after some turmoil!

SOLR-14290 (SolrTestCaseJ4 NPE) seems to be stalled - anyone who can lend a
hand there?

We also discussed in SOLR-15342 whether refactoring CloudSolrClient to untangle
ZkStateProvider should be done now, and also rename solr-solrj as
solr-solrj-all so that we can continue with the solrj modularization in 9.x
without back-compat breaks.
It seems worthy of a blocker to me, but we need someone willing to do the work
in the next few days. Anyone?

I also created SOLR-16041 (not blocker) to try to setup nightly
smoketestRelease Jenkins jobs, I may try to give it a go.

Assuming progress on the above, I'm still hopeful for an RC1 in the timeframe
of next week.

Jan